Our club has over 100 members and we need your help! We need members to volunteer to lead this club next year and years following. Over the past 41 years our club has adapted to the interest of our members and we want to continue this tradition.
Not only do we want you to vote we want you to be a part of the forward movement of this organization. There are (7) club offices which have voting responsibilities, each very important to making your club relevant, informative, and provides a network of MG enthusiast.
The following offices are elected by the members:
- PRESIDENT has the responsibility to coordinate the actions and responsibilities of the other officers in the Club and, in general, to promote the success of the Club.
- VICE-PRESIDENT shall assist the President as needed or requested by the President and shall assume the President’s duties if the President is unavailable
- RECORDING SECRETARY shall record the minutes of the meetings of the Club and the Board.
- TREASURER shall maintain accurate records of the revenue and expenditures.
- MEMBERSHIP CHAIRPERSON shall maintain accurate records of the membership and shall have published annually the names and addresses of the members to be disseminated to all active members.
- MEMBERS-AT-LARGE (1) shall obtain the viewpoints of the general membership and present same at the Board meetings.
- MEMBERS-AT-LARGE (2) shall obtain the viewpoints of the general membership and present same at the Board meetings.
There are (5) club offices which support the board in serving the needs of the members by coordinating local meet & greets, activities and other social events.
- San Gabriel Valley Area Coordinator
- San Fernando Valley Area Coordinator
- Los Angeles / Southbay Area Coordinator
- Orange County Area Coordinator
- Member Experience, Regalia, and Promotional Coordinator
Members interested in running for office shall inform the Secretary Kelli Hornachek by email to email@example.com, or by calling 646-578-1200 by 5:00PM, October 31, 2019.
The Board shall present a list of candidates on our website www.socalmgclub.org in the ELECTION 2019 SECTION along with a ballot, and instructions on how to vote on or before November 10, 2019. Ballots shall include the option of write-in candidates. Ballots may be submitted in hardcopy or electronic form. Only one ballot per membership shall be counted.
Ballots must be received in electronic form or hardcopy by the Membership Chairperson Jim Heaton by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to SCMGC at 25670 Alicante Dr., Valencia, CA 91355 by 5:00PM November 30, 2019.
All officers shall be elected by majority vote. Tabulation of all ballots shall be concluded, and results announced, and newly elected officers will be installed at the Annual Membership Meeting December 7, 2019 at 3:00PM at the Lucky Baldwins Trappiste Pub, 1770 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106.